What do you do when things look dark?
What do we do when change, challenge and crisis engulfs us?
What can a group of Chilean miners teach us about surviving and thriving?
Some of the factors that helped keep them alive were:
1. LEADERSHIP and HUMOUR of foreman Luis – keeping the miners focused on survival
2. Strong VISION and BELIEF in ultimate rescue
3. DEMOCRACY and majority decision-making
4. PRAYER AND SUPPORT from those above ground
5. LOOKING AFTER EACH OTHER and not just self
My question to you is this – What do you in times of change – challenge – crisis?
Do you come together and collaborate?
Do you split into factions?
How do you react:
- As a group?
THE LESSON is when times are dark
Can you find humour in your situation and a vision for the future?
Can you make decisions together and look after one another?
Whether you believe in prayer or not, it’s important to know that others are thinking of you and wishing you well and do the same for them too
- What situation are you dealing with?
- What is your vision for the future?
- Who else is or could be involved?
- How are you going to work together to get through this?